Tuesday, September 04, 2007

If I Were Cool, I'd Be Cooler About This.

But I'm not, so here goes.

You are now looking at (reading? looking at the blog of?) HuffPo's newest Roving Reporter for Fashion Week. Yes, I abitrarily capitalized Roving Reporter. And no, it's not really official. And yes, there will be about 98923749238742 billion other people posting about Fashion Week on HuffPo alone, but still! Let me have my moment.

What I'm trying to say is: keep your eyes peeled for my posts on the goings-on and the happenings-at this season's NY Fashion Week. I will be stealthily and intrepidly infiltrating the toughest door lists and coolest shows. (And by toughest door lists and coolest shows, I mean, a show here and there, and maybe a party that I snuck into through the kitchen entry. And if I do actually make it anywhere cool, it's all thanks to my actually cool and actually in-the-know friend, Poppy.)

Enough self-deprecation. I suppose this is one of those times where I'm supposed to create (or live up to) some sort of blogger persona. You know, where the blogger is actually a much cooler and more confident, and more or less fictional version of their real selves? Well I say, Nay! I will not! I will be myself. My own super-self-aware, hyper analytical, moderately funny, almost-cool-but-not-quite-but-really-it-depends-on-who-you're-talking-to-and-what-night-and-what-outfit-and-how-many-drinks-deep-i-am self. Whew. Did you follow that? Congrats.

What I'm trying to say is that the posts will be ME. And funny. And original (I hope). And I'm also hoping that maybe someone will actually use the word "irreverent" to describe them. Only because I like that word and am usually quite jealous of people who get described by it. And yes, I do know that it doesn't necessarily mean something particularly complementary (especially if you're talking to anyone particularly religious), but it sounds cool. And funny. (Both of which are my goals), so, THERE.

Here's to irreverence!

No comments: